Friday, March 29, 2013

Blog Stage 5

Obama was able to surprise me in a very unexpected way today. I read in LifeSiteNews that Obama has given money to the Women's Health and Family Planning Association of Texas to assist facilities that are no longer covered under Medicaid due to state law when it comes to providing abortions. Texas passed a law and Obama basically just continued on with his purpose. I am 110 % pro-choice and I think there should be enough funding for women when it comes to family planning, or postponing family as well. 

Just to make it clear Planned Parenthood and other facilities are not necessarily unfunded any longer, they are now just at the very bottom of a long list that that money gets allocated to. The question I would ask myself if I was ever faced with this decision of being able to take responsibility for my actions of creating a child is, can I actually take care of a child? I would not want to give it up for adoption, and I really would not want to have a child that I could not provide for. Why don't I just cut the child's chances of having a good life in half. The possibility of starvation comes to mind, as well as the foster system abusing this child to the point where the child itself wishes it was never born. I love my son and I am so blessed to have in my life, but I know without a doubt that I cannot provide for another child at this point in my life. I want options, as cruel as that sounds. I personally think bringing a child into this world that has everything going against them is even more cruel than anything else. You can't just roll the dice with life if the odds are not in your favor to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment